Looking for how to defrost a Bosch fridge quickly and easily? This detailed guide shows you how to do this.
How to Defrost a Bosch Fridge Freezer
To defrost a Bosch fridge freezer, do the following:
1. Unplug the unit from the wall outlet and store any frozen food in another freezer or in a cooler. Be sure to place ice packs in the cooler to keep the food cold.
2. Put a pan close to the outlet from where melted water escapes. Place towels around the pan to absorb excess water.
3. Open the door or doors of the unit. You can put bowls of hot water into the freezer to make the process faster. That is if there is a lot of ice. If not, you can simply give it time to defrost. Leave the doors open.
4. When the defrost process is done, empty the pan and clean up any spilt water. Then, dry the inside of the unit thoroughly until there is no moisture left.
5. Close the doors of the unit and plug it back into the wall outlet. Allow time for it to cool properly; this usually takes about 24 to 48 hours.
Watch this video to learn more about defrosting a Bosch fridge freezer…
How Long Does It Take to Defrost a Bosch Fridge Freezer?
If you are defrosting a Bosch fridge freezer manually, it could take as long as 24 hours to fully defrost. But you can reduce that time to just a few hours by using hot water and scraping the ice with a wooden spatula.
However, if your Bosch unit is frost-free, it takes only minutes to automatically defrost. Usually, the defrost cycle lasts between 20 to 25 minutes.
It is important to find a refrigerator repair technician to help you fix any defrost issue with your Bosch fridge freezer if you don’t think you can fix it yourself. We have experienced technicians available to help you. Chat with us.
Remember to turn the unit off by unplugging it from the wall socket or tripping the right switch in the panel of the circuit breaker. This is to avoid electrocution and damage to your unit.
Check out these other articles…
How to Defrost a Bosch Fridge – Related FAQs
Where Is the Defrost Drain in a Bosch Fridge Freezer?
The defrost drain in a Bosch fridge freezer is found at the rear freezer wall, in the center where the floor of the freezer curves to meet the wall. Usually, a plastic panel secured by a screw covers the drain. Once you remove the screw and panel, you will see the drain.
Where Is the Defrost Sensor in a Bosch Fridge Located?
The sensor in a Bosch fridge is located at the top of the evaporator. It is held in place on the refrigerant line on top of the evaporator by a metal clip.
Where Is the Location of the Defrost Heater in a Bosch Refrigerator?
The defrost heater in a Bosch refrigerator is under the evaporator behind the rear wall inside the freezer. The wire of the heater threads right up the right side of the evaporator.
Where Is the Defrost Timer in a Bosch Refrigerator?
The defrost timer in a Bosch refrigerator is usually found within the control console at the top part of the refrigerator’s interior. But depending on the model, you could find it on the back of the refrigerator or behind the lower kickplate.