How do you defrost your Beko fridge? Read our detailed guide to learn how to do it.
How Does the Beko Fridge Freezer Auto Defrost Feature Work?
The automatic defrost feature in this fridge freezer works this way:
The defrost timer sends a signal to the defrost heater to turn on when there is frost on the evaporator coils. When the heater comes on, the frost melts and turns to water.
Then, the water runs down the drain tube into a drain pan. This water evaporates so that you don’t have to manually empty the pan. The cycle happens several times in one day.
How Do You Defrost a Beko Fridge Freezer?
To defrost a Beko fridge freezer, do the following:
1. Unplug the unit from the wall socket.
2. Remove all the food frozen inside it and store in another freezer or in a cooler.
3. Allow the unit to defrost overnight or for some hours. You can lace a pan or two of hot water in the freezer to speed up the defrost process. Be sure it is not too hot and put the pans inside other pans so that the hot water doesn’t have direct contact with the freezer.
4. Place another pan close to the freezer and towels to collect the water forming from melted ice.
5. Clean up the fridge freezer after all the frost has melted and let the unit air-dry.
6. Set the temperature to cold to enable the fridge freezer cool faster. And when it is cold, put the food back into it and close the door.
Defrost the freezer when he ice rises to 7mm or ¼ inch. This could mean you will defrost it tow times or more every year.
Most of the new Beko fridge freezers are frost-free. So you don’t have to defrost them.
Learn how to defrost your fridge from this video…
Check out these other in-depth articles on defrosting other refrigerator brands…
- How to Defrost Hitachi Refrigerator [Quick Guide]
- How to Defrost a Kenmore Refrigerator [Detailed Guide]
- How to Defrost Electrolux Refrigerator [Detailed Guide]
- How to Defrost a Hotpoint Refrigerator [Quick Guide]
- How to Defrost a Daewoo Refrigerator [In Minutes]
- How to Defrost a Galanz Mini Fridge [Quick Guide]
How Do you Defrost Your Beko Fridge? – Related FAQs
Where Is the Defrost drain on a Beko Fridge Freezer?
The defrost drain on this unit is close to the bottom of the unit.
But note that frost-free or no-frost fridge freezers don’t need defrosting so they will not have a defrost drain or drain pan.
Where Is the Defrost Timer on a Beko Fridge Freezer?
The defrost timer on this unit freezer is found at the back of the fridge.
Where Is the Defrost Tray on a Beko Fridge Freezer?
The defrost tray on this unit is right where the defrost drain is, at the bottom of the unit. It is there to collect water that comes through the defrost drain.
Where Is the Defrost Heater on a Beko Fridge Freezer?
The defrost heater on this unit is right under the evaporator coils, behind the freezer section of the unit.
Need expert help? Click here to use the chat box on this page to speak with a verified appliance technician right away. No need for expensive in-home service calls. No appointments. No waiting.