This article guides you on how to reset a Daewoo fridge.
How to Reset the Water Filter Light on a Daewoo Fridge Freezer
To reset the water filter light on a Daewoo fridge freezer, press and hold the Lock and Ice Maker lock buttons for about 3 seconds. The light or indicator will change to green, telling you the reset was successful. This process is for models with no reset button.
But if your model has a filter reset button, press and hold the button until the filter indicator changes to green, telling you the filter light is reset.
How to Reset the Ice Maker on a Daewoo Fridge Freezer
To reset the ice maker on this unit, open the door and pull the ice maker out. Lift it a little as you slide it towards you; that’s how to bring it out.
When you remove it, you will see the ice cube tray and a white panel made of plastic right in front of it. Look under the plastic panel and you will see a green button marked ‘Test’.
Press it and hold it for some seconds and the ice tray will turn and return. This indicates that the ice maker is reset.
Watch this video to learn more…
Check out these guides on resetting other refrigerator brands…
- How To Reset Your Samsung Refrigerator [Detailed Guide]
- How to Reset a Beko Fridge [In Minutes]
- How Do You Reset a Hotpoint Refrigerator? [Quick Guide]
- How to Reset Your Miele Refrigerator [Quick Guide]
- How to Reset a Thermador Refrigerator [In Minutes]
- How to Reset a Galanz Fridge [In Minutes]
How Do I Reset My Daewoo Fridge Freezer?
There is no clear way to reset your Daewoo fridge freezer. You will have to do a general hard reset by unplugging it and leaving it that way for about 45 minutes. Then, plug it back in again.
Also, resetting the water filter indicator tends to reset the unit in some cases. So, once you change the water filter and reset the indicator, it is possible the fridge freezer resets, too.
Additionally, resetting the compressor can reset the fridge freezer. Here is what to do:
1. Unplug the power cord of the fridge freezer from its power source.
2. Turn the controls of both the freezer and the fridge sections off or to 0, depending on how the controls are modeled. You will find them inside the fridge section.
3. Plug the power cord of the fridge freezer back into its power source.
4. Turn the controls of the freezer and fridge to the settings you desire. Then, give the unit at least 24 hours to adjust to the new temperature settings.
If there is a serious fault with your Daewoo fridge freezer, it is best to contact a service agent to help you find the cause. This is because sometimes, resetting the unit does not solve the problem. Accurate diagnosing will save you time and money.
How to Reset a Daewoo Fridge – Related FAQs
Is There a Reset Button on a Daewoo Fridge?
There is no button dedicated solely to resetting a Daewoo fridge. It is usually a particular combination of buttons or keys that reset the fridge.