In a few minutes, this article will teach you how to reset Fisher and Paykel refrigerator. You will also learn how to change and reset the water filter.
How to Reset Fisher and Paykel Refrigerator
To reset Fisher and Paykel refrigerator follow the steps below:
Step 1: Disconnect the refrigerator from the electric power by unplugging its power cord from the wall outlet or turn off the circuit breaker.
Step 2: Wait about three to five minutes and locate the temperature control knob inside the refrigerator. Use the user manual to find it if it is nit readily visible.
Step 3: Once you find it, turn the knob to Off or 0 to turn off the compressor and fan motors. This gives them time to reset.
Step 4: Now, reconnect the refrigerator to the electric power by plugging the power cord into the wall outlet or turning on the circuit breaker.
Step 5: Then, turn on the temperature control control knob inside the appliance by setting it to a mid-point for optimized cooling. It is best to set it to 4 or 5. The compressor and fans should start running.
Step 6: Give the refrigerator time to cool properly before putting fresh food items in it.
How to Change Fisher and Paykel Water Filter Cartridge
Follow these steps to change Fisher and Paykel water filter cartridge:
Step One: Hold the water filter cartridge and twist it anticlockwise.
Step Two: Detach the cartridge from the filter head by pulling it down.
Step Three: Get rid of the old cartridge properly.
Step Four: Take away the protective cap on the head of the new water filter cartridge.
Step Five: insert it into the filter head by pushing it upwards.
Step Six: Then turn the cartridge clockwise to lock it into the filter head.
Check the user manual for the refrigerator to determine the exact steps to replace and reset the water filter and indicator, respectively. The instructions may vary by model, and you must follow the correct installation instructions for your specific model. Otherwise, the water filter may not work and may leak while installed.Click Here to Buy Yours Now!
How to Reset Fisher and Paykel Fridge after Changing Water Filter
Do the following to reset Fisher and Paykel Fridge after changing the water filter:
- Locate the Alarm Mute button on the fridge’s display.
- Also, look for the “Warmer” icon.
- Then press and hold both icons at the same time for 4 seconds.
- This will cause the external and internal filter indicators to reset.
- The filter change indicator will turn off after this.
Sometimes, you may have difficulty resetting the water filter indicator after replacing the filter. If that happens, it may be because you did not properly install the filter. There is also the possibility that the filter is the wrong type for your Fisher & Paykel refrigerator. Lastly, the filter may be damaged.
Always use the recommended water filter and ensure you buy the correct type depending on the refrigerator model. Also, follow the installation instructions on the user manual or search for online manuals if yours is not readily available.
Before installing it, inspect the filter to ensure it is not damaged; do the same for the filter housing. This is especially true for the filter housing. If damaged, replace the filter or have a technician fix the filter housing. Never use a damaged water filter in your refrigerator because it may affect the water system or produce lower-quality water for consumption.
Check out these guides on resetting other refrigerator brands…
- How To Reset Your Samsung Refrigerator [Detailed Guide]
- How to Reset a Beko Fridge [In Minutes]
- How Do You Reset a Hotpoint Refrigerator? [Quick Guide]
- How to Reset Your Miele Refrigerator [Quick Guide]
- How to Reset a Thermador Refrigerator [In Minutes]
- How to Reset an Amana Refrigerator [In Minutes]
How to Reset Fisher and Paykel Fridge Alarm
To reset Fisher and Paykel Fridge Alarm, do the following:
- Locate the Alarm Mute button on the display.
- Press it once. Once you do this, the ALARM MUTE light will become illuminated.
- 20 minutes later, the mute will automatically reset. When this happens, the door alarms will operate normally.
- To manually unmute the alarm, press the Alarm Mute button once. The ALARM MUTE light will then go off.
Note that the alarm will always sound when the fridge door remains open after 90 seconds. If the freezer door remains open after 60 seconds. If one of these doors remains open, the alarm will make a beeping noise every 30 seconds. This will continue for 5 minutes. Then after that, the alarm will sound continuous and the compartment light will go off.
To turn off the alarm at any point, simply close the door provided the ALARM MUTE isn’t active.
- Variable Temperature Zone At the touch of a button, easily convert the lower right compartment to suit different food types, giving you storage flexibility for everyday needs as well as special occasions. Choose from Freezer, Soft Freeze, Chill, and Fridge modes.
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
How to Reset Fisher and Paykel Fridge – FAQs
1. Where Is the Fisher and Paykel Fridge Reset Button?
There is no reset button on the Fisher and Paykel fridge. To reset the fridge, you will have to do it manually.
2. How to Reset Fisher and Paykel Refrigerator Ice Maker
To reset Fisher and Paykel refrigerator ice maker, all you need to do is switch on or switch off the ice maker. Just press the “Ice on/off” button to do this. Leave it off for a few minutes, turn it on, and ensure the ice mold fills with water. This process resets the control board.
Get Instant Help — Ask An Experienced Verified Appliance Technician
Need expert help? Click here to use the chat box on this page to speak with a verified appliance technician right away. No need for expensive in-home service calls. No appointments. No waiting.